To request a copy of my full CV, please email me at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can view an interactive version of my CV on Storify by clicking here
Language and Technical Skills
- NCTJ Diploma in Journalism with 100 wpm Teeline Shorthand
- Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro X
- Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Storify, Tweetdeck
- Intermediate French and basic Swahili
- Full, clean UK driving licence held for over seven years
Guardian – Content Coordinator (February 2014 – Present)
- Writing, commissioning and editing articles for Guardian Live Better, while also managing its online community.
Wannabe Hacks – Editorial Team (October 2013 – Present)
- Writing for the Wannabe Hacks website, assisting in the creation of multimedia projects and engaging with the Wannabe Hacks community via social media.
UK Freelancers Ltd. – Production Assistant (March 2013 – September 2013)
- Assisting in the creation of a video news clip database by organising, editing and keywording video clips on a freelance basis
- Writing news articles on business and investment in South Africa, as well as conducting and writing an interview with Sir Jeffrey Jowell QC for the SA Power 100.
Somali Relief and Development Forum – Communications Coordinator (August – December 2012)
- Creating, uploading and maintaining all content on the organisation’s website, managing the charity’s social media output, and writing press releases.
Kentish Express – Editorial and Reporting Work Experience Placement (May & June 2012)
- Four by-line articles published, including a front-page splash, as well as numerous other smaller articles and NIBs.
BBC Radio Newcastle – Broadcast News Reporting Work Experience Placement (April 2012)
- Gathering and editing vox-pops for use in news segments and bulletins, researching news segments and organising interviews, and writing cues and questions for over-the-phone and in-studio interviews
Smithsonian Magazine and goSmithsonian – Web Intern (May – August 2010)
- Writing posts for Smithsonian Magazine’s Around the Mall blog and editing web content on a daily basis.
University of Kent (2012): MA in Multimedia Journalism with Distinction
– MA Multimedia Journalism Scholarship
– Centre for Journalism Postgraduate Prize
– NCTJ Diploma in Journalism
University of Sheffield (2011): 2.1 BA Hons in French and Linguistics
George Washington University (Summer 2010): Semester in Washington Journalism Program (4.0 GPA)